SEX LAWS: ODDITIES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Posted on2 Years ago by
It has been a long time since the sexual revolution started and progress has been made in terms of misinformation and taboos. However, sex is still frowned upon in some places. Soft Paris gathered 12 quirky laws, beliefs and rituals about sex.
1. SEX TOYS: CHOOSE YOUR FELLOW TRAVELLERS WISELYYour favorite sextoys may still be illegal (or restricted to a limited number). It is the case in Thailand, Nevada, Georgia, Texas and Alabama. If you don’t intend to visit these places, you can proceed to the packing stage of the operation. SOURCES: Thailand custom regulation, Alabama Anti-Obscenity Enforcement Act, Texas Obscenity Statute, Georgia Code (Title 16, Chap. 12, Art. 3, Part 1, § 16-12-80) and Reno (Nevada) Sec. 8.14.040: Sale of sexual paraphernalia law (Ord. No. 2805, § 1 (11.12.157), 2-11-80).
2. RIHANNA WOULDN’T AGREEIn Mississippi and Georgia S&M (Sadism & Masochism) is against the law. Perhaps they would change their minds if they saw our accessories? SOURCES: Mississippi Code of 1972 and Georgia Code (16-12-100.1.).
3. CONVENIENT LOOPHOLESKansas’ government considers oral sex as illegal "sodomy". However, anal penetration with a finger is permitted under “specified circumstances” (generally recognized health care practices or body cavity searches). SOURCE: State v. Denney IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF KANSAS No. 90,454.
4. WEAPON OF CHOICEIn Hong Kong a wife is allowed to murder her cheating husband – but only with bare hands. SOURCE: There’s no specific law about this. Although seems to be commonly believed that a jury would find said woman not guilty because of what the Hong Kong criminal code (Chap. 339, Sec. 4) says regarding provocation and lack of premeditation in murder cases.
5. MUMMY DEARESTIn Cali (Colombia) tradition requires the bride’s mother to witness her daughter’s wedding night. You’d think the newlyweds would be slightly turned off...
6. FAR FROM PRYING EYESin Kidderville’s airport (New Hampshire), lingerie shop owners cannot hang their products in plain sight, there has to be at least a screen concealing them. SOURCE: MTD Department of Transportation, Aeronautics Division.
7. (DON’T) TALK DIRTY TO MEUntil 2016 dirty talk was forbidden in Michigan, even in private! SOURCE: The Michigan Penal Code, Act 328 of 1931, 750.337. Repealed: 2015, Act 210, Eff. Mar. 14, 2016.
8. JUST USE YOUR IMAGINATIONIndian law strictly forbids the distribution of any kind of pornografic material. SOURCE: Indian Penal Code, Sec. 292.
9. NOT WITHOUT A RING ON IT!In Little Rock (Arkansas) flirting in public is illegal. Alamosa’s (Colorado) code prohibits the so-called “bawdy houses” (every house where unmarried people have sex) and Florida forbids “lewd and lascivious behavior” between unmarried couples. SOURCES: Little Rock City Ordinance No. 2502 (1918 - Sec. 4), Alamosa Code (1964 - § 17-7, Sec. 11-76) and State of Florida Code (798.02 on Lewd and lascivious behavior).
10. ...AND GIRLS, WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK!At least in Mississippi. Because the local law punishes men who try seducing women by claiming they will marry them. SOURCE: MIssissippi Code (§ 97-29-55. Seduction of female over age of eighteen by promised or pretended marriage).
11. LET’S SPICE THINGS UP. OH WAIT...Due to their “aphrodisiac qualities”, hot spices are not to be used in Peruvian prison or jail food. Anything to prevent inmates from getting frisky! SOURCE: Edict handed down by the Peruvian Interior Minister.
12. YOU CAN DO IT, BUT CAN’T TALK ABOUT ITIn Mississippi teaching other people about polygamy is illegal. SOURCE: Mississippi Code (§ 97-29-43. Polygamy; teaching of). Now you know where not to book your next holiday ;-) Want some tips to make the most of your next romantic getaway? Book a Soft Party - sextoys direct sale - and our Happiness Advisor will make sure you enjoy it!
Leave a Comment
Leave a Reply
Please login to post a comment.